View Holme House Barn in a larger map
Gloucester – 10 Miles
Ross – 8 Miles
Monmouth – 10 Miles
Cheltenham – 20 Miles
Directions from Mitcheldean
- Follow A4136 through mini roundabout in Mithcheldean and continue up Plump Hill towards Monmouth
- Jubilee Road is approx half a mile up Plump Hill (New Road) on your left just past a small bus stop
- Follow Jubilee Road for approx half a mile until you see a “School” sign on your left and then a sign for Oak Raven Activities Centre
- Turn left at the Oak Raven sign. There is a smaller sign for Holme House Barn pointing to the track over a small cattle grid.
- Continue across the field. Holme House and Holme House Barn are at the end of the track.
From London and the South West, 120 miles, approx 2hrs 30mins.
- Take the M4 to junction 15 (Swindon exit)
- Take the third exit onto the A419 towards Cirencester
- After 15 miles on the A419 continue forward onto the A417
- Remain on the A417 for a further 20 miles following signs for Gloucester, then Tewkesbury
- After 20 miles on the A417, at Elm Bridge Court roundabout take the 2nd exit A40 towards Ross
- Remain on the A40 for 10 miles following signs for Ross and Ross-on Wye (Speed Cameras)
- After 10 miles on the A40 turn left at traffic signals onto A4136 signposted Monmouth/Mitcheldean, then follow directions above
From Birmingham and the North
- Heading South on the M5, leave the M5 at junction 8, then at roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the M50 signposted South Wales, Ross
- After 22 miles on the M50, at Junction 4 roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A40 signposted Ross-on-Wye, Monmouth (Speed Cameras)
- Follow A40 for about 5 miles signposted Gloucester, then take right turn just after Speed Camera on your left at a steep downhill, signposted Mitcheldean B4224
- Follow B4224 for approx 2 miles, then at T Junction turn right through Mitcheldean
- At mini roundabout turn right onto A4136 onto Plump Hill (New Road), then follow directions above from Mitcheldean
From Cardiff and South Wales
- Heading East on the M4, leave the M4 at junction 24, then at Coldra roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A449 signposted M50 The Midlands, Monmouth
- Continue forward onto the A40 for approx 20 miles, first following signposts for Ross on Wye, Midlands M50, then signposts for Newport, Abergavenny, Chepstow, Forest of Dean
- After approx 20 miles on the A40 turn left at traffic signals onto the A466 signposted Chepstow, Forest of Dean A4136
- Follow signposts for Chepstow, Forest of Dean A4136 for approx 180 yards, then turn left onto the A4136 signposted Forest of Dean
- After approx 12 miles on the A4136 the road will chicane and descend down a steep hill (Plump Hill). As the roadstraightens again turn right onto Jubilee Road, just before a small bus stop.
- Follow Jubilee Road for approx half a mile until you see a “School” sign on your left and a sign for Oak Raven Activites Centre.
- Turn left here and drive over a small cattle grid, through the field to Holme House and Holme House Barn.